The Coolest Hoverboard Accessories
These are a few of the coolest scooter accessories and hoverboard safety gear to go with that new hoverboard that Santa brought you this Christmas. Now that hoverboards have been around for a few months there are beginning to be accessories available. Let's see what I found.
SELF BALANCING SCOOTER ACCESSORIES: A HOVERBOARD CARRYING CASE
A carrying case for your hoverboard is that nice bit of extra care that will extend the life of your scooter immensely. Yes, it protects it from the elements. And yes, it hides it a bit so would-be thieves might not realize that you have something worth taking.
What to Look for in a Hoverboard Bag?
Many of the bags and hoverboard carrying cases that you see on places like Amazon and EBay look exactly the same. There's a few key points that you have to remember while you are shopping for a good carrying case.
- Make sure that the bag can fit your hoverboard. Pay attention to these two critical measurements: wheel size and board length. The standard wheel sizes: 6.5″, 8″, and 10″. The board length is the how wide your hoverboard is. You can usually find the information online, or just use a tape measure.
- Look for extra pockets on your bag, this way you can keep your charger and any other hoverboard accessories you might have.
- The big difference between the $10 hoverboard carrying cases and the $50 cases? The $50 carrying case is fire resistant. In case of a fire the fire-resistant bag would help to contain any flames.
There's three basic styles of hoverboard backpacks.
These first bags look like they would be perfect for carrying your hoverboard. And they are, except one huge design flaw. I'm jumping ahead of myself. Let's think of the different reasons that you would be using a bag for your hoverboard instead of riding it.
- You're a regular commuter that uses your hoverboard to go to work each day. But your commute one day is cut short because your battery died.
- You're riding your hoverboard and it starts to shake uncontrollably, you power cycle it and try riding it again. It still wobbles, I hope it's not broken.
- This sucks, the weather report this morning said no rain today. Where did this hurricane come from?
Any of these situations could happen at any time you’re riding. If it does, you're stuck having to carry a 25 lb. lead weight with you. Hopefully it's not very far. That leads me to the epic design flaw in most hoverboard carrying cases:
Make sure your hoverboard bag comes with some type of shoulder strap!
The second style of hoverboard bags have attachment points on either end of the bag so that you can attach a shoulder strap to the bag. This makes it much easier to carry for a long distance.
The third type of hoverboard bag has backpack style straps. These let you carry it on one or both shoulder like a regular backpack. You'll be grateful that you spent the $10 extra the first time you have to carry your hoverboard any type of distance.
This next bag is probably the best carrying case that you can get for your hoverboard. While it doesn't have two straps to wear like a backpack, it does have wheels on the bottom. A handy strap allows you to drag the hoverboard behind you. As my girlfriend said, it's for when your wheels need wheels. This bag is the perfect choice of a bag for people that would have difficulty carrying a 25 lb. object.
THE ULTIMATE HOVERBOARD BAG
PROTECT YOUR HOVERBOARD FROM THEFT
Sometimes you can't take your smart balance wheel everywhere you want. Now, there's a solution, with this hoverboard lock that is available on Amazon. It works the same as a bike lock would. Find an immovable object that you can chain your hoverboard to, and lock it down. Go do what you need to, and when you return, your hoverboard will still be there. Pretty cool.
Hoverboard Lock Combination (Red)
Free Shipping: No
Feature 1: Secure Hoverboards to any fixed object
Feature 2: 4-foot vinyl-coated braided steel cable
Feature 3: Self coiling lightweight cable easily fits in your pocket
Feature 4: Pre-set fixed 4-digit combination barrel lock has a lifetime warranty
Product Summary: Do you own one of the hottest Christmas gifts? This is a lightweight, durable lock that weighs about 4 ounces and fits in your pocket. Locks your board to any fixed object. Comes with a preset 4 digit combination, and a lifetime warranty on the locking mechanism. The patent pending locking loop design fits securely around hoverboards. This lock fits most hoverboards sold in the United States. However, if the circumference of the center portion of your Board exceeds 9.5 inches, please order our Keyed Hoverboard Lock, as that model has a 12 inch loop.
Bring Out the Natural Glow With a Protective Skin
These caught my attention a few weeks ago, and I can't wait to order one and just play with it. They now make hoverboard or scooter skins.
They are just a small vinyl wrap that anyone can apply to the clean, dry chassis casing. Then your hoverboard goes from being just another one that everyone seems to have to a classy, and unique hoverboard owner, who seems to just ooze sophistication.
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Free Shipping: No
Product Summary: Give your Self Balancing Board a stylish look and protect it from abuse at the same time. MightySkins hardly adds any volume to your board and creates a whole new look that sets you apart from the crowd. Mightyskins also provide basic scratch protection to keep your board in prime condition at all times. This Self Balancing Board Skin features ultra-high gloss inks and then covered with a clear protective layer for ultimate durability. All MightySkins use a patented repositionable and removable adhesive for fast and easy installation and goo-free removal. Self Balancing Board is not included.
Feature0: DECAL ONLY – Balance Board Not Included
Feature1: Add style to your Self Balancing Board
Feature2: Quick and easy to apply
Feature3: Protect your Self Balancing Board from dings and scratches
This next case is a bit more sparkly…
The Silver Sparkly Glitter Skin Decal Kit for HoverBoards and other Scooter (HOVERBOARD NOT INCLUDED)
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Free Shipping: No
Feature0: Long-lasting Vinyl!
Feature1: Fits the: IOHawk, Phunkee Duck, Razor Hovertrax, Swagway X1, Powerboard, Sogo, Leray, Glyro and many more!
Feature2: These are extremely easy-to-apply, and when you get tired of one design, just peel it off and slap a new one on it.
Feature3: NOTE: HOVERBOARD IS NOT INCLUDED Product Summary: Add style to your HoverBoard without bulk! With Design Skinz, you can change the look of your favorite device in seconds, literally. Made from a premium vinyl, these skinz can take a beating and will protect your hoverboard from scratches and other abuse. Long-lasting Vinyl! Fits most HoverBoards. Some trimming may be required. Easy, Bubble-Free Installation! Wrap-Around fit.
You're Probably Going to Want A Replacement Charger for Your Hoverboard
If you're anything like me, you'll probably need a new charger before you even get done reading this article. In my own case, it's not that I mistreat my charger and it dies an inglorious death.
No, it's strange shit that happens to me and my adapters.
I'll be the type that gives my adapter to a fireman to use so that he can make an emergency defibrillator and zap somebody back to life. Or I'd walk unknowingly through a massive street fight between two ninjas clans.
There I would be at the opposite side of the street clothes in tatters, charger sliced to bits with no idea what just happened. Nobody sees ninjas.
Be careful when getting a replacement charger. Those exploding hoverboards you've heard about. It was most likely while the boards were charging.
Get a charger that is the proper voltage and then also the right current and plug sizes.
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
Razor Jetts Heel Wheels
- Heavy-duty polymer quick-click frame with easily adjustable hook-and-loop strap. Spark pads are easy to remove and replace. 50 mm urethane wheels and sealed bearings.
- No assembly required. For ages 8 and up. Fits US shoe sizes youth 12 through adult 12.
- Weight Capacity: 176 lbs. Product Weight: 1.21 lbs. Dimensions: L 4.96" x W 5.04" x H 3.54".
- Model: 14514. Made in China.
Give your plain old sneakers a big boost by strapping on these Razor® Jetts™ adjustable skates! They provide ultra-cool sparking action, and the spark pads are a cinch to remove and replace. They also feature a heavy-duty polymer quick-click frame, while a hook-and-loop strap promises the perfect fit.
SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter Motorized 2 Wheel Self Hover Balance Board [CSA/UL2272 Certified] All-Terrain Tires Personal Hover Transporter for Kids and Young Adults [Model: F1, Series N20]
- GO SAFER - CSA /UL 2272 Certified SagaPlay F1 Self Balance board with UL2271 certified LG 36V Lithium-ion battery ensure the balance board meets the industry's highest electrical safety standard. Underwent and passed 159 tests regarding safety regulations, meaning no potential fire hazards.
- MORE POWER - SagaPlay has 250W Dual Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 15 degree and last over 1 hour and over 9 mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- GO ANYWHERE - Featuring LED battery indicator, non-slip food pedals and solid rubber tires for all- terrain purposes. Rated IP56 for solidness and water resistance. Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more. (Notes: Carry up to 220lbs of weights)
- Self-balancing - Go forwards, backwards and even SPIN, every motion, from start to stop, is powered by dynamic equilibrium, which allows riders easily control the board by shifting your body weight. Plus the built-in fast 2 hour fast charging technology, it makes the most sophisticated product of its kind.
- BEYOND THE PRODUCT - 1 year limited warranty covers parts and labor from the manufacturer, a US company based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Introducing SagaPlay F1 Self-balancing Scooter Self Balance Board SagaPlay is far from average, it's the next generation of electrical self-balancing board technology. Recently the hoverboard industry took the world by storm as it showed a new innovative form of transportation. Unfortunately this new wave of technology came with a few issues of its own. SagaPlay recognized the problems and safety concerns in the industry and corrected them to develop the transportation of tomorrow for the generation of today. The SagaPlay has obtained the highest standard in regards to safety after successfully becoming UL 2272 Certified; assuring users that fire and electrical hazards are not a factor. Besides being safer, SagaPlay stands out because its durable build helps it tackle virtually any obstacle in its way. Travel through grass, mud, dirt and sand with this new device built to go anywhere and do more. Optimal Use: 1. Wear safety gear prior riding 2. Do not charge overnight or leave...
Waterproof Backpack to Carry and Store your Drifting Board (Two Wheels Smart Balance Board Scooter Electric Self Smart Drifting Board) - Mesh Pocket - Adjustable Shoulder Straps
Razor SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
- Inspired by the winningest motocross rider in history, Jeremy McGrath!
- Complete with authentic McGrath graphics and fairing design, genuine dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, variable speed motor for a super-charged experience
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features dual suspension and riser handlebars, large pneumatic knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand operated dual disc brakes
- Recommended for ages 14 and up; supports riders up to 175 pounds
It’s Showtime! What do you get when you combine the winningest motocross rider in history and the Razor product making machine? The all new Jeremy McGrath SX500! With authentic MX frame geometry and faithful reproduction of Jeremy’s big bike, we offer you the perfect product for your little champion! Motorcycle-spec tires with front and rear specific tread, disc brakes and dual suspension make this electric ride ready to rock the dirt. Authentic dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, variable speed motor deliver a super-charged experience. Large tires ensure a smooth ride and maximum power transfer for climbing those dirt hills ahead. Reaches speeds up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use. Features a variable speed, high torque, chain driven motor with twist-Grip acceleration control and hand operated dual disc brakes, spoked aluminum wheels with 10 x 250 supercross treaded pneumatic tires, dual suspension, adjustable riser handlebars, soft rubber grips, double crown...
Inventist Orbitwheel Skates
- One Size Fits Most
- Carrying Strap
- Compact design for portability
- Capable of countless maneuvers
The Orbitwheel is a new concept for wheeled sports and the idea is simple: two feet, two wheels…and you’re ready to go! A set of Orbitwheels is a cross between a skateboard and pair of inline skates - but with more freedom and simplicity than either. When you're ready to ride, simply put your foot in the wheel and away you’ll go. The wheels' large radii allow you to ride on a variety of different surfaces, and an all-new connecting band makes learning easier than ever! After you have mastered the wave-like propulsion, you can remove the band for amazing freedom of movement. With the Orbitwheels whirling around your feet, you’re capable of countless tricks and maneuvers that can be as complex and creative as your imagination! The Orbitwheel is, in a nutshell, a large wheel that rotates sideways around your foot. Better than skateboards, Orbitwheels are self-propelled by the rider's wave-like motion so the need to push off the ground every few feet to get moving is completely...
That's all the time I have right now to share some scooter accessories with you. I'll try to have a bunch more listed soon.
That's all that I have right now for scooter accessories, but I'm always looking out for more parts and accessories. Speaking of parts, if you need replacement parts for your self-balancing scooter, be sure to visit that link. Or if you are having problems with your hoverboard, check out the repairs page for some ideas on how you can fix your hoverboard.
And now that you're properly accessorized, let's look at different ways to customize your hoverboard.
Have a suggestion of what I should write about next on my hoverboard site? Send me a message and I'll see what I can do.