I’m Looking For A Cheap Hoverboard, Can You Help?
If you want to get a cheap hoverboard, check out my review of the Swagtron T1. Not only is it relatively inexpensive, but it’s also a safe and well-built hoverboard, too. Check out this review where I show you why it is a dependable hoverboard.
Do you need the cheapest hoverboard? No problem, here’s a bunch of links to some of the most affordable hoverboards that I could find. If you’re reading this article, you might see that there are several Christmas references. This article has been updated since Christmas, and I’m working on taking all of them out.
Now is a great time to buy if you are looking for a cheap hoverboard. Several vendors are lowering prices on Amazon. While the average price hasn’t dropped to the levels of buying direct from China, these are the lowest hoverboard prices I’ve seen yet. All of the links below are fresh and the prices current as of today.
The most popular question that I have heard from other readers is parents asking for what’s the cheapest self-balancing scooter for Christmas 2016.
So I took some time to do a little roundup of what I found to be the most economical self-balancing scooters for this Christmas.
First, some rules about what will make up the cheapest hoverboard.
- No pieces of junk that will just waste your money. Yes, you can buy this model or that one for only $180. But it doesn’t have a warranty, or it’s seriously underpowered.
- I’m aiming for self-balancing scooters under $400.
- The hoverboards I list should have a one-year warranty. If a kid is going to be using it, you’re going to want the warranty.
- The best smart boards that I found are all designed for adults. I’ll list a couple of kids balance scooters at the very end of the article. I tried, but I couldn’t find any kid-specific models that were still in stock, or that could arrive before Christmas.
- There’re only a few days left to get a hoverboard by Christmas Eve 2016. Therefore, all these will have quick shipping.
For some fantastic hoverboard deals, click on the button below to see a list of current hoverboard deals, coupons, and discounts.
The Cheapest Hoverboards for 2016
The Zippyboard Cruiser
The Zippyboard is a great deal of value at a very low cost. This hoverboard is not crippled like many other budget hoverboards. It can get up to speeds of 7 mph, and has an estimated battery life of 3-4 hours. It comes with Free Shipping and will ship within 24 hours of you ordering. Oh, it also has a one-year warranty. All of this for $259. That’s the lowest price I’ve found for a decent quality hoverboard. Learn more at thezippyboard.com
The Nimbus Wheeled Electric Self Balancing Scooter
Wow, if you need a cheap hoverboard, this is the one to buy. It’s the first hoverboard under $200 that I’ve seen at any major retailer. Most of the sites selling hoverboards have them starting at $400. Only the black version has the under $200 pricing, with the blue and red models both costing under $300. If you buy one, it comes with a one year warranty, (though I do recommend that you buy the extended hoverboard warranty. That way no matter what happens, your hoverboard is protected for the next several years.
Here’s the Leray Dreamwalker
This was the cheapest self-balancing scooter that I was able to find, the Leray Self Balancing Scooter, though it’s now been beaten by the Nimbus brand. In a nutshell, the Leray Dreamwalker is a decent hoverboard and is usually one of the lowest priced hoverboards on Amazon that you can buy. There’s a tradeoff, though. With the Dreamwalker, the lower price means a less capable electric scooter. It has a slightly slower speed and range than the Powerboard or Swagway.
Next is the Powerboard
You can see my in-depth review of the Powerboard or, if you prefer a video review, watch my video review of the Powerboard. This is a great hoverboard to buy, and the cost is not much more than the Leray.
I found the Glyro self-balancing scooter ( . These have sold out currently. When more become available, I will add to this post.)
This drifting board is a generic version of the IO Hawk with little changes to the outside and even fewer changes on the inside of the unit. A word of caution, the 90 KG max weight is 200 lbs.
The CoolReall came from the same factory as the Leray I think. The hoverboard specs for these two boards are the same. They are even promising to arrive on the same day in about a week. I’d first look at the Leray, and if they are no longer available, then I would consider the IO Hawk. It sounds like you’ll be able to buy them up until about a week before Christmas and it’ll still arrive in time. (The Cool really brand has been out of stock since before Christmas, no word if they will return to selling hoverboards) I wrote a comparison review of 7 different hoverboard brands.
Next up is one of the best-reviewed hoverboards available. They had been removed recently because of them selling out, but I’m glad to put them back on. These are seriously one of the best hoverboards you can buy. The Swagway X1 Hands Free Smart Board, it’s available for $299
Finally, the Powerboard by Hoverboard. They are the scooter that can legally call itself a hoverboard. While the price is a little steeper than other vendors, the Powerboard is a well-built scooter and is Prime eligible. It will take about 4-5 days to get to you.
Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks / Ankle Brace by 1st Elite- Pain Relief in Heels Foot Arch Achilles Tendon Support Night Splint Foot Sleeve for Women Men
- EFFECTIVE COMPRESSION -Combining truly effective graduated compression and an anatomically correct design we've created a sleeve that is not only the perfect solution to your ankle and foot pains like Plantar Fasciitis but also an excellent training accessory to help you get more from your feet without the pain!
- UNBEATABLE FIT -Our measurements are exact and as long as yours are too your feet will be in heaven. Wear them during your run or at night to help ease pain and improve circulation.
- DON'T BE FOOLED -Don't find yourself buying a tight sock that does anything but what it says it'll do and quit wasting time with copper junk! It's time to invest in your feet and there's no one better than 1st Elite!
- TRUE COMFORT -Leave the bulk and sweatiness of neoprene behind and enjoy breathability and improved relief! Better still the low profile of our sock makes it perfect to wear with any footwear especially those running shoes.
- GUARANTEED -We offer complete customer satisfaction period. Our customers are always more important than our sales. If for any reason you are not absolutely happy with your Achilles X-Sleeves we will replace or refund your order no questions asked. CONTACT US DIRECTLY and we will take care of you. We love to help and are always here!
JEEZ THAT HURTS.... There's that arch or heel pain again. So much for those slightly-tighter-than-normal socks...... DON'T END UP LIKE THIS! Take it from a brand that not only knows about foot pain but has done their homework to bring you something better 1st Elite Foot Sleeves are the best way out there to improve circulation help speed recovery and most of all relieve pain and discomfort associated with Planter Fasciitis and other common foot ailments! Your feet will thank you. EASY AND EFFECTIVE Whether you use them only when you go to bed at night while you run hike bike with or without socks you can rest assured you've made the best choice possible for your feet. Never buy special shoes, inserts or braces again! GUARANTEED Best of all your purchase is protected! We love our customers and we want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not we'll do whatever we can to make sure you are! Available in Black, Blue and Pink for both Mens and Womens feet of all sizes. DON'T...
SWAGTRON T5 Entry Level Hoverboard for Kids and Young Adults; Optional Learning Mode; Patented Battery Protection (White)
- FOR RIDERS OF EVERY LEVEL - Learning Mode restricts speed for safe practicing while Standard Mode lets you roll freely
- SAFE SPEED FOR YOUNG RIDERS - This 2-wheel self-balancing scooter has a max. speed of about 7 mph
- WORRY-FREE RIDING - Rely on the T5's incombustible shell and patented SentryShield multilayer battery protection
- PERFECT FOR LITTLE HANDS AND FEET - The T5 motorized scooter handles riders up to 187.4 lbs & weighs just 18.9 lbs
- LOOK COOL WHILE YOU RIDE - The T5's compact design features a unique, modern em-blem on each of its pedals
Introducing the T5, an all-new electric scooter and a special member of the SWAGTRON fleet. This self-balancing scooter uses an internal gyroscope to help you balance as well as other unique features that will revolutionize the way you travel.Each compact T5 electric scooter is crafted with durable, high-quality materials and includes SWAGTRON’s renowned SentryShield technology which utilizes multiple layers of battery protection. Additionally, the T5’s max speed is limited to about 7 mph, less than our other adult electric scooters and vehicles, so young riders can explore their swag safely. If that’s not enough, rest assured the T5 is fully UL-certified meaning it passed a multitude of safety tests with flying colors!Many of the T5’s new features make it the perfect kids scooter or even a great option for adults! At just over 18 lbs, the T5 hover scooter is light and easy to carry but powerful enough to hold riders up to 187 lbs. The T5’s dual motorized wheels will keep you...
EVAPLUS 42V 2A Power Adapter PowerFast 3-Prong Inline Connector For Pocket Mod, Sports Mod, and Dirt Quad Lithium Battery Charger
- Power Charger Model: HK-42-2000.
- Input: 100-240VAC,50/60Hz,1.5A Output : 42V 2000mA.
- Cable length: 39.4 In / 100 CM.
- Short circuit & Overload & Overvoltage Protection.
- Indication Light: red light when charging, green light when fully charged
Pls Note: the two items have same function, and just a little different appearance.Product Details : Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 1.5A Output:42 V 2A Cable length: 39.4 In / 100 CM DC Connecter size: 3 prong Inline Condition: Brand New
SWAGTRON T1 - UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard - Electric Self-Balancing Scooter - Your swag personal transporter awaits you
Those were the Cheapest Electric Scooters 2016
That is about all the time I have right now to be able to research the cheapest electric scooter for Christmas 2015. I dug through almost 40 pages of Amazon results, trying to find who was still shipping product and which weren’t. Curious as to why everyone sold out? Check out this article about IO Hawk and you’ll soon see.
This updated text below I am just keeping here for history’s sake.
UPDATE: I just have learned that some of the links below are broken. =( I am actively working right now to repair all of the links and get this back into working shape. If you find a model that you like and the link doesn’t work, please message me via the contact form at the bottom of the page. I will be working on this article until it is back into 100% working condition. Chris – 12-12-2015 04:22 CST
UPDATE 2: The links broke because the items have sold out. These are going faster than anyone realized they would. I’m working to fix it all still.
UPDATE 3: I’ve spent the last 6 hours trying to rebuild this article. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone has decided to buy a freaking hoverboard. I was creating an item and then coming back 20 minutes later, and the link I had created was completely dead. =( I’m am going to be linking to the best ones that I can, but if you end up on an Amazon search page, it is because that item sold out.
Well, the problems that I mentioned in the previous updates were related to the big Azon pulling most of the scooters off the shelves for about 48 hrs. This was because of several safety issues. Part of the requirements for vendors to have their products relisted was to provide testing documentation to certifying that their batteries included with the hoverboards were safe.
This cleared out many of the lowest quality hoverboards, though I think they will still end up being sold. After all, they represent a massive investment by many people, both in the U.S. and in China.
I’ll be trying to salvage this article if I can now that the instability in the product has stopped. Thanks for reading this.