The Swagway-X1 hands-free smart hoverboard- blue, garnet red, green, eight colors in all- is the fastest and most customizable self-balancing electric scooter available. Own one of these and you'll move in a way you never dreamed possible. The Swagway X1 Hands-free Smart Board was the most popular hoverboard for Christmas 2016.
For the month of November 2015, the company was inundated with 250,000 minutes of support and customer service calls.
In December 2015, Amazon pulled them from their store amid concerns with how safe they were. The company was quick to supply Amazon the documentation showing that they were UL-certified for the charger and the battery inside the units.
You'll see for yourself in this scooter review.After the recent safety recall of hoverboards, Swagway has introduced several different technologies to the X1 to provide for user safety. All Swagway X1's now include the SentryShield battery casing. I cover the SentryShield in my Swagtron T1 review, but it is designed to make the battery fire-proof.
For a limited time only, the Swagway X1 is on sale for $299.99! Plus if you use my coupon code, you can get extra savings off the price. That code is swag-78A540XUCH. Be sure to add the extended warranty for an additional year of warranty protection.
A Quick Summary of the Swagway X1
Who is should buy a Swagway X1. Anyone who is comfortable with a slightly older model, that also comes with one of the lowest prices around.
- Ten mph top speed
- Medium curb weight of 26 lbs.
- Samsung battery is safer than other no-name brands
- Typically recharges in under 2 hours.
- Includes the new SentryShield tech to make the battery safer.
- The plastic of the chassis shows the lightest scrapes.
- The poor adhesive used to glue bumpers onto frame. If you lose your bumpers, replacements are available.
Swagway took several steps to improve the safety of the X1 hoverboard. It now includes the SentryShield battery protection device, which is the same tech used in the newer T1. Even better, the X1 is on clearance right now for $299. Be sure to use my Swagtron coupon code swag-78A540XUCH and save more money of the cost of a hoverboard.
Swagway X1 Rating: ★★★★ or 88/100
Looking at the Details of the Swagway X1
Summary: This is a self-balancing scooter with that is in a class of its own. A high top speed, long range, and excellent battery leave little else to critique.
Comes with a 1-year warranty. Shipping is in about 7-10 days instead of from China and 3-5 weeks.
Biggest complaints: the chassis scratches easily, and the bumpers are glued on with a cheap glue.
NOTE: The Swagway X1 hoverboard is the best-selling hoverboard from 2015. Yes, it was part of the safety recall that happened earlier this year. Swagtron is exchaging the recalled hoverboards. Contact them directly if you purchased one prior to March 2016. Any X1s sold after March 2016, have many of the same protections that the Swagtron T1 includes.
Why is the Swagway Scooter a Best Seller?
Quite simply this thing has sold so well because it's one of the fastest hoverboards available, has a low price overall, and is a safe model that won't explode or catch on fire.
An excellent job was done in designing the this, and they are well on their way to becoming the leader of the self-balancing scooter industry. What makes it better than other models? First, it has the highest top speed compared to any of the other types of self-balancing scooter on the market. Here's a quick sample of other models that you can buy:
|Model||Listed Top Speed|
|Swagway X1||10 mph|
|Monorover R2||6.2 mph|
|IO Hawk||6.2 mph|
|Swagtron T1||8 mph|
As you can see, it is 25-50% faster than any of these models.
Speed is not the most important criteria to consider, but it isn't something to ignore, either. When one of the cool things about owning a self-balancing scooter is cruising around, how fast you go matters. When you're cruising, it is more fun to be in the fast lane, then being the person who's slowing everyone down? Need more reasons?
What Are the X1's Specs?
The Swagway Amazon stocks have a top speed of 12 MPH On a full battery it will travel more than 10 miles. It weighs 24 lbs. and can charge in 2 hrs.
What's The Wheel Size?
It has a wheel size of 6.5", which is the same as most other models, though 8 and 10-inch wheeled versions are becoming more widespread.
Does it have inflatable tires?
It has solid rubber tires, no need to worry about getting a flat. I've already discussed the high top speed, other key specs that stand out: the great range and short charge time are very nice. Lack of a remote control and speakers is not anything to be concerned about for me. You may be different. And that it has an average review on Amazon of 4.1 with more than 360 reviews.
Why Is This a Better Buy Than Other Brands?
The second thing that's great is the awesome price. When other models of hands-free smart board sell for $1800, (here's looking at you IO Hawk), this is a steal. Even if you weren't considering the IO Hawk, many other models are still an expensive $600-$800.
Maybe you've found that you can get a different brand of smart hands-free board for $200 elsewhere. Excellent deal finding skills! But... Sometimes you get what you pay for. The cheapest hoverboard/self-balancing scooters you can find are about $200.
But if you review what you are getting when you pay $200, you find yourself with a scooter that has 30% less speed, 25% less battery capacity, and a 30-day warranty. For me, the spending a little bit more cash gives me something that's 2x better? That's money well spent.
Feedback of the Swagway X1 Hands-Free Smart Board
You don't have to take my word that the this is money well spent. If you visit Amazon, you can see that this self-balancing board has more than 361 reviews rating it at a 4.1 out of 5 stars. Most comments are like this customer's, who wrote:
Or even this customer's feedback:
Though not everything is perfect with what the company ships. A few comments are similar to this one, sprinkled through the reviews on Amazon.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
The biggest drawback to this smart board is that they used plastic for the chassis that isn't difficult to be scratched. This complaint may be from people who have unreasonable expectations. There's only a 1.2 in. the gap between the bottom of the scooter and the surface it is being ridden on. Couple that low ground clearance, with a vehicle going 12 mph, and any rough terrain could hit the bottom of the scooter. While I don't think that the bottom of your scooter will be inspected, I understand how people would not want to show wear and tear.
Another drawback mentioned, was the glue used to adhere the rubber bumpers onto the chassis was of poor quality. With several reports that the: You could use double-stick tape or even a good glue and fix this issue, solving this minor drawback.
There is now a vendor on Amazon selling replacement bumpers. They are somewhat interchangeable between the different brands, and a quick fix.
The final drawback I see is the same top speed I listed as a PRO. Several people complained that the speed of the unit is too high. There are several complaints that the speed of the unit and the riders getting into accidents or hurting themselves. There's also the countless videos you've probably seen. This is why if you will be using a smart balancing board, no matter which brand, you need to be wearing adequate safety gear. This includes a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards. The simple addition of this safety equipment will allow you to keep on riding a self-balancing wheeled board for a long time.
The PROs and CONs
THE GOOD STUFF
- Ten mph top speed
- Medium curb weight of 26 lbs.
- Samsung battery is more reliable than other no-name brands
- Typically recharges in under 2 hours.
- Adds a new battery case to protect from fire.
THE BAD STUFF
- The plastic of the chassis shows the lightest scrapes.
- The poor adhesive used to glue bumpers onto chassis.
Who Should Buy One?
In the broadest sense, everyone who gets a Swagway will enjoy it. It depends on your motivations in getting one. Are you the type that wants to get a self-balancing scooter because it's the newest toy around? Then this is the perfect hoverboard for you.
Maybe you're a college student looking at self-balancing scooters for college next semester. A Swagway scooter should be the only model to consider. You can wake up ten minutes before class, throw clothes on, grab your books and zip out the door.
With its top speed of 12 mph, you can run around campus and get to class in no time. No need to wait for a parking spot or the shuttle, and after school, you can ride back home in style. Or do you want this as a gift for someone? They'll be happy you got them one.
Not Convinced About the Swagway X1 Hands-Free Smart Board?
Here're some of the competitors and how they compare:
The Swagway vs. the Powerboard
You can see my full review of the Powerboard via that link. Overall, the Powerboard and the X1 are very similar. However, when you look closely at the specs of both models, you begin to see which is the best. The Swagway is faster than the Powerboard. It also has more range.
The X1's battery and the powerboards are the same; the Powerboard is just configured to go slower and thus has a battery that lasts longer. Read both my review of the Swagway scooter and my Powerboard review and decide for yourself. Either one is a great buy, but for me, the Swagway X1 is the best hoverboard.
The Swagway X1 vs. the Razor Hovertrax
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is much better than the first generation hoverboard from Razor. But for all that it's a much better hoverboard than the previous generation, the new Hovertrax is still pretty underwhelming.
Comparing the Swagtron T1 and the Swagway X1
Swagway, Swagton, Swegway, they all sound the same. While there's a difference between Segway and these brands, Swagway and Swagtron are the same company. They've just changed names.
As for the T1 vs. the X1, there are some significant differences. The Swagtron T1 is the newest generation of hoverboard and was released with new features that allow it to be UL-2272 certified. The X1 has the same battery pack, which is the main feature of the T1. Otherwise, the X1 and the T1 are very similar. However, the X1 is a faster hoverboard than the T1. For many people, that higher top speed in the X1 is the best reason to buy an X1.
The Monorover R2 vs. The Swagway X1
The R2 and the X1 are almost identical in features. (Add in price right now, if you want a good hoverboard for under $300, either one of these would be a good choice.) While the X1 has a listed top range of a few miles further than the R2, these are values that are created in lab environments, not the real world. Realistically, these two hoverboards will probably perform the same. You can find out more about the R2 here.
If you're looking to get a self-balancing scooter for the lowest possible price, this is for you. At the current sale price of $299, it's a steal. You might also consider the Monorover R2; it's also on sale for $298. Both models are currently priced this low because they are older than the new models being listed. Do you want a low price, fast shipping, fast driving hands-free scooter? Then you may want to look at the Swagtron T1. It's a little slower than the X1, but it's got safety features that make it worthwhile.
Where Can I Buy One?
You can purchase the X1 from the official Swagway site.
You may consider the price expensive, especially if you have been looking at sites like Alibaba.com. In reality, the price is very economical compared to other brands and models. Yes, you can buy one of these for as low as $200, but you're going to get one that doesn't perform the same. This is a well-built machine that you'll have hours and hours of use out of.
What's the best price? Get a Swagtron Coupon Code
Usually, the best price for a hoverboard can be found by visiting the vendor's site.
Click here to check the X1 hoverboard's price. Be sure to use my Swagway coupon code swag-78A540XUCH.
It's a hoverboard with a very what is essentially no return policy. Short return period. the period where you could return your previous version Swagtron that is currently on clearance,
The Bottom Line
The Swagway X1 is the previous generation of hoverboard. After the safety recalls, Swagway took the X1 back and came up with the Swagtron T1. They still had lots of inventory of the X1. A quick adjustment and the Swagway X1 was then protected by the same SentryShield battery that the T1 uses. This is a great hoverboard, and it's being sold for a bargain price.
My rating for the Swagway X1:
88/100 or ★★★★
Don't forget these essential accessories to make your hands-free scooter purchase complete.
SWAGTRON T5 - UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard - Electric Self-Balancing Scooter (Black)
- Cruise with swag on your hoverboard boasting a 7 mph top speed and 7 mile range - weight up to 187 lbs
- UL 2272 certified - the SWAGTRON 2-wheel self-balancing scooter excelled in all electrical safety tests
- This swag motorized scooter's new features include: battery indicators, rubber bumpers, and learning mode
- Patented SWAGTRON SentryShieldTM smart battery management system provides multi layered hover skate-board protection
- This balance scooter features an upgraded 200 Watt motor and gear stabilization for tighter control and downhill traction
"Time to Get Started - and it doesn’t get better or easier than this! From the Get-Go the SWAGTRON T5 is the highly popular, rideable, self-balancing electric scooter aka hoverboard. Not ready for the bigger, fancier hoverboards? T5 is just for you. Just like the heavy hitting SWAGTRON T3 and industry standard SWAGTRON T1, the new SWAGTRON T5 deploys the same dramatic, gyroscopic technology that totally revolutionizes the way you travel. The new SWAGTRON T5 is lighter than other SWAGTRON offerings at 18 lbs. But carries loads up to 220 lbs. while still rolling along at up to 7 mph for up to 7 miles. Like all SWAGTRON models, the T5 is planet friendly, producing zero emissions. Solidly constructed, the SWAGTRON T5 employs only the highest quality components and industry-leading safety features for an adult scooter. This T5 SWAGTRON Hands Free Smart Board contains the latest technology from SWAGTRON, that makes riding secure and more fun. On the T5 kid scooter flip side,...
Segway miniPRO | Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control
- The miniPRO connects to your phone by Bluetooth, allowing phones to serve as a key, remote control, dashboard which displays the miniPRO's current speed, and a security device as any attempt to move an app locked miniPRO triggers an audible alarm through an alert which is sent to your phone
- This lightweight and portable vehicle strives for amazing performance and reaches a max speed of 11 mph, up to four times faster than walking, and the miniPRO is also super stable due to its dynamic balance function
- Ordinary batteries cannot deliver both high performance and distance such as the miniPRO which uses an imported, cutting-edge 18650 lithium battery for sustainable power at 1200W, while a set of advanced intelligent battery management system monitors the status of every battery cell in real time
- Design essentials include a light, compact structure which can easily fit into your car's trunk, containing the durability and performance of different aircraft materials, such as magnesium alloy which is a material is found in space shuttles for being a super-tough and light metal
- The two LED taillights are blue by default, becoming red when you brake and yellow in the direction you turn, and the tail light color is fully customizable with many color options
There's a new form of transportation. Step on a Segway miniPRO and feel the speed and magic of the latest technology. This amazing device automatically keeps you balanced and reads your movements. Want to go forward? Lean forward. The high-performance, cutting-edge control technology works in tandem with various sensors and advanced processors for maximum flexibility and ease of use. The miniPRO can cope easily with all normal road conditions. Go wherever, whenever. Explore the wonder of the Segway miniPRO and look for new adventures.
SWAGTRON T1 - UL 2272 Certified Electric Self-Balancing Scooter
Waterproof Backpack to Carry and Store your Drifting Board (Two Wheels Smart Balance Board Scooter Electric Self Smart Drifting Board) - Mesh Pocket - Adjustable Shoulder Straps - Carry Handle
- CARRY AND STORAGE: The backpack is made from strong and durable nylon. It has 2 zippers that give maximum access to the backpack, allowing you to store your drifting board with great ease.
- WATERPROOF: The lining of the backpack is waterproof. It will protect your Drifting Board from rain, snow, etc. The backpack can not be submerged in water.
- MESH POCKET: The mesh pocket is the ideal spot to store the charging adapter of your Drifting Board. But you can also use it for drink bottles, wrist guards, sunglasses, beanie hats, etc.
- ADJUSTABLE SHOULDER STRAPS: For comfortable carrying, the backpack is equipped with an adjustable shoulder straps.
- CARRY HANDLE: The carry handle can also be used to hang the backpack onto a coat hook.
Waterproof Backpack to Carry/Store your Drifting Board For Drifting Boards with 7" wheels and max. 23.5" total length.The backpack is made from strong and durable nylon. It has 2 zippers that give maximum access to the backpack, allowing you to store your Drifting Board with great ease. The lining of the backpack is waterproof. It will protect your Drifting Board from rain, snow, etc. The backpack can not be submerged in water. The mesh pocket is the ideal spot to store the charging adapter of your Drifting Board. But you can also use it for drink bottles, wrist guards, sunglasses, beanie hats, etc. For comfortable carrying, the backpack is equipped with an adjustable shoulder straps. The carry handle can also be used to hang the backpack onto a coat hook. Contents: - 1x Drifting Board backpack Eco-Fused If for any reason you are unhappy with any product by Eco-Fused, please do not hesitate to contact us. We take full ownership and responsibility for the quality of our...
Self-Balancing Scooter Skin Hover Electric Skate Board Sticker Self Balance Motorized Longboard Decal Real Two-Wheel Smart Protective Cover Bluetooth Hover Drifting Boards Vinyl Case Stickers
- FALL SALE --- Enjoy 20% OFF or MORE on avergae on those vivid Color and top quatliy hover motorized board decal hover board sticker skins!
- COMPLETE PROTECTION --- Keep your hover motorized longboard new and shinny. Covers your self-balance scooters from dings and scratches on left and right, top and bottom!
- EASY INSTALL --- Quick and easy to install. No bubbles and wrinkles. Check our instruction videos on YouTube to see how easy it is. Easy to remove. No sticky residuals guaranteed.
- UNIVERSAL --- Work with many industry leading drifting board brands: Swagway X1, HoverTech, Leray, Powerboard, Sogo, IO HAWK, DEKOTA, Street Saw, Hover X, MONOROVER R2, Zippyboard Cruiser, OU-BAND, EROVER, HOVERBOARD, Powerboard, Xnow, Lookatool, FITURBO F1, FINCO, Razor HoverPowerboard, KOOWHEEL and many others. It can fit for the front of the boards brands Coolreall and Wallygadgets, but it may not apply for their obverse. Please see description for a list of incompatible hoverboard models.
- STANDOUT --- Sets your hover balance board apart from the crowd. The Self-Balancing Scooter Skins by GameXcel ® create a whole new look to your electric skateboard.
GameXcel ® Self-Balancing Scooter Skin hover board sticker give your Self Balance Motorized Board a stylish look and protect it from abuse at the same time. It creates a whole new look to your an electric skateboard and sets you apart from the crowd. It Is Real Cheap Hover Two-Wheel Smart Scooter Self-balance Scooter Protective Cover. GameXcel vinyl decal wrappers also provide basic scratch protection to keep your bluetooth hover long eletric boards in prime condition at all times. This Self Balancing Two-wheeled Board Skins feature ultra-high gloss inks and then covered with a clear protective layer for ultimate durability by 3M. All GameXcel use a patented repositionable and removable adhesive for fast and easy installation and goo-free removal. The Hoover Self Balancing Board is not included. GameXcel vinyl decal sticker skins fit major industry electronic scooter, electric skateboard, or many two-wheel boards. Brands supported includeSwagway X1, HoverTech, Leray, Powerboard,...
Carrying Bags for Swagway and Swagtron Hoverboards - The Bag for All Your Swag
From YouTube, Top Video Reviews of the Swagway X1
SwagTron T1 hoverboard Torture Test Intro Distance, Crush, and Fire Test Ends in FlameThrower
This is my SwagTron™ T1 Torture Test Introduction. I have been given 3 Brand New SwagTron T1's and of course to show my gratitude for this opportunity I am ...
Swagtron T1 Full Review! UL Certified Hoverboard!
AKA a hoverboard, swegway, segway, or just plain awesome! Order a Swagtron Amazon: Swagway: ...
Swagtron - Instructional
Learn how to use your new SwagTron Hoverboard by watching this instructional video! Hello everyone and welcome to Swagway's new channel, SwagTron!