Should I Buy an Extended Protection Plan for My Hoverboard?
UPDATE: Now that hoverboards have once more returned to Amazon and other online shops, let me say this: If you buy a hoverboard off of Amazon and don't purchase one of these protection plans, you're just wasting your hard-earned money. Right now, the $400 Electric Scooter Protection Plan for Amazon hoverboards is only a few dollars about $30. That gives you 2 years of protection for any mechanical defects after the 1 year warranty expires. It's worth it!
Do you have a hoverboard? A hoverboard protection plan from Squaretrade is probably one of the smartest purchases you could make. These
plans give you extra protection for your hoverboard over and beyond what the manufacturer's warranty covers. Protect your investment after you buy a self
If you had a 30 day hoverboard warranty and you purchased one of these protection plans, on day 31 when your factory warranty had expired, you would now
have Squaretrade covering any issues. How cool is that?
The Hoverboard Extended Warranty Covers:
- 24 hr a day service. Their support staff will be available when you need them.
- 100% Parts and Labor. You will not have to pay anything to get your self balancing scooter repaired.
- FREE shipping to the repair center, and there's also free shipping back to you.
- With a few hours of you purchasing the extended warranty, you'll receive an email with all the information about the warranty.
- You can cancel the protection plan at any time with 30 days of buying and you'll get your money back.
- You can give a hoverboard as a gift to someone and give the warranty as a gift. It's fully transferable.
A protection plan from Squaretrade is worth the low cost.
Some of the fine print. It's funny how there's always some.
The Squaretrade protection plan only covers items bought at Amazon within the last 30 days. That means that you can buy the scooter now, wait 2 weeks and
then pay the bit extra for the protection plan.
The email that you receive after buying is your official purchase confirmation. Don't lose it.
The protection plan starts after the end of the manufacturer's warranty. If you call Squaretrade while it is still under their warranty, you will be
directed to the manufacturer.
The plan is only valid for a single item.
How to Buy A Squaretrade Protection plan? What's the difference between the various plans?
As you might have noticed, Amazon carries several different Squaretrade plans. How can you tell the difference between the various plans? It's pretty
straightforward. You will need to buy the protection plan that closest matches the sale price of the hoverboard that you buy.
If you buy a Swagway X1 hoverboard for $495. You would then need to buy the Squaretrade protection plan for bike/scooters 450.00-499.00. That's the extended
warranty for a scooter that costs between $450 and $499. If the Swagway went up in price and was $500, that extended warranty for it wouldn't be valid. You'd
need to buy the extended warranty for a $500-$599 scooter to cover it.
Should I buy an Extended Warranty for my Hoverboard?
I'm the type of person who will often laugh at the sales person who tries to push some over-priced service plan on to me when I make a purchase. HOWEVER,
hoverboards have already had a sketchy history: major retailers pulling them from shelves, airlines banning them, random fires while they're charging.
A hoverboard is so much fun and costs so much, that the low price for an EXTRA 2 years of protection is worth it. So much so that I'm giving these an
EDITOR's CHOICE badge and 5/5 star review rating.
This Seems Appropriate
The Hoverboard Protection Plans
These are all two years plans. While you could get a plan that is only for a year, the cost is not substantially more to extend the coverage for a year. It
just makes sense.
Hoverboards are so new that there's no real idea on just how long you can use one before it is no longer usable. Think about that for a second. It might be
that each one falls apart when it hits mile #34. With a Squaretrade extended warranty you will get full coverage and protection for 2 years AFTER the
manufacturer's warranty. I highly recommend buying one of these plans for your hoverboard. And then I recommend coming and reading more of my hoverboard blog.
Here's two of the best hoverboards available on Amazon.
EVAPLUS 42V 2A Power Adapter PowerFast 3-Prong Inline Connector For Pocket Mod, Sports Mod, and Dirt Quad Lithium Battery Charger
2 used from $ 8.79
- Power Charger Model: HK-42-2000.Cable length: 39.4 In / 100 CM.
- Input: 100-240VAC,50/60Hz,1.5A Output : 42V 2000mA.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are not satisfied with our product,let us know and you will be offered a full refund or replacement. Enjoy this absolutely RISK FREE purchase by clicking the yellow Add to Cart button.
- Short circuit & Overload & Overvoltage Protection.
- Indication Light: red light when charging, green light when fully charged
Fits Model: PR200, SWAGWAY X1, SWAGTRON T1 & SWAGTRON T3 Pls Note: the two items have same function, and just a little different appearance.Product Details : Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 1.5A Output:42 V 2A Cable length: 39.4 In / 100 CM DC Connecter size: 3 prong Inline Condition: Brand New
Hoverboard UL 2272 Certified Flash Wheel 6.5" Bluetooth Speaker with LED Light Self Balancing Wheel Electric Scooter
- Very sturdy, supporting up to 220 lbs.
- Equipped with a 36V / 4A battery you can hit max speed of up to 10 MPH and range of over 10 miles.
- Top LED Flashing Light and Front LED Light, LED Light Up Flash Wheel
- 6.5'' Wheels with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker, Charger Include
- Anti-fire Plastic Material Cover Whole Hoverboard
Flash Wheel UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard 6.5" Bluetooth Speaker with LED Light Self Balancing Wheel Electric Scooter - Chrome Blue Hoverheart Hoverboard is Now UL 2272 & Certified(E492035) as Safe! If you're in the market for a Hoverboard make sure it's UL 2272 Certified, otherwise it's unsafe and is likely to overheat or even catch fire. This Hoverboard is extremely easy to ride, most riders learn how to ride it in less than 5 minutes! Manufactured at the highest standards, this self balancing scooter was built for longevity. Two wheels self balanced electric scooter This scooter uses gyroscope sensors to enable self-balancing. The inner workings of the scooter use gyro sensors and a set of rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries. Users can control the vehicle to go forward, accelerate, decelerate , break or others, by leaning forward or leaning backwards. It can be easily carried around on bus or subway.
Also be sure to get the proper accessories and safety gear.