I'm Looking For A Cheap Hoverboard, Can You Help?
If you want to get a cheap hoverboard, check out my review of the Swagtron T1. Not only is it relatively inexpensive, but it's also a safe and well-built hoverboard, too. Check out this review where I show you why it is a dependable hoverboard.
Do you need the cheapest hoverboard? No problem, here's a bunch of links to some of the most affordable hoverboards that I could find. If you're reading this article, you might see that there are several Christmas references. This article has been updated since Christmas, and I'm working on taking all of them out.
Now is a great time to buy if you are looking for a cheap hoverboard. Several vendors are lowering prices on Amazon. While the average price hasn't dropped to the levels of buying direct from China, these are the lowest hoverboard prices I've seen yet. All of the links below are fresh and the prices current as of today.
The most popular question that I have heard from other readers is parents asking for what's the cheapest self-balancing scooter for Christmas 2016.
So I took some time to do a little roundup of what I found to be the most economical self-balancing scooters for this Christmas.
First, some rules about what will make up the cheapest hoverboard.
- No pieces of junk that will just waste your money. Yes, you can buy this model or that one for only $180. But it doesn't have a warranty, or it's seriously underpowered.
- I'm aiming for self-balancing scooters under $400.
- The hoverboards I list should have a one-year warranty. If a kid is going to be using it, you're going to want the warranty.
- The best smart boards that I found are all designed for adults. I'll list a couple of kids balance scooters at the very end of the article. I tried, but I couldn't find any kid-specific models that were still in stock, or that could arrive before Christmas.
- There're only a few days left to get a hoverboard by Christmas Eve 2016. Therefore, all these will have quick shipping.
For some fantastic hoverboard deals, click on the button below to see a list of current hoverboard deals, coupons, and discounts.
The Cheapest Hoverboards for 2016
The Zippyboard Cruiser
The Zippyboard is a great deal of value at a very low cost. This hoverboard is not crippled like many other budget hoverboards. It can get up to speeds of 7 mph, and has an estimated battery life of 3-4 hours. It comes with Free Shipping and will ship within 24 hours of you ordering. Oh, it also has a one-year warranty. All of this for $259. That's the lowest price I've found for a decent quality hoverboard. Learn more at thezippyboard.com
The Nimbus Wheeled Electric Self Balancing Scooter
Wow, if you need a cheap hoverboard, this is the one to buy. It's the first hoverboard under $200 that I've seen at any major retailer. Most of the sites selling hoverboards have them starting at $400. Only the black version has the under $200 pricing, with the blue and red models both costing under $300. If you buy one, it comes with a one year warranty, (though I do recommend that you buy the extended hoverboard warranty. That way no matter what happens, your hoverboard is protected for the next several years.
Here's the Leray Dreamwalker
This was the cheapest self-balancing scooter that I was able to find, the Leray Self Balancing Scooter, though it's now been beaten by the Nimbus brand. In a nutshell, the Leray Dreamwalker is a decent hoverboard and is usually one of the lowest priced hoverboards on Amazon that you can buy. There's a tradeoff, though. With the Dreamwalker, the lower price means a less capable electric scooter. It has a slightly slower speed and range than the Powerboard or Swagway.
Next is the Powerboard
You can see my in-depth review of the Powerboard or, if you prefer a video review, watch my video review of the Powerboard. This is a great hoverboard to buy, and the cost is not much more than the Leray.
I found the Glyro self-balancing scooter ( . These have sold out currently. When more become available, I will add to this post.)
This drifting board is a generic version of the IO Hawk with little changes to the outside and even fewer changes on the inside of the unit. A word of caution, the 90 KG max weight is 200 lbs.
The CoolReall came from the same factory as the Leray I think. The hoverboard specs for these two boards are the same. They are even promising to arrive on the same day in about a week. I'd first look at the Leray, and if they are no longer available, then I would consider the IO Hawk. It sounds like you'll be able to buy them up until about a week before Christmas and it'll still arrive in time. (The Cool really brand has been out of stock since before Christmas, no word if they will return to selling hoverboards) I wrote a comparison review of 7 different hoverboard brands.
Next up is one of the best-reviewed hoverboards available. They had been removed recently because of them selling out, but I'm glad to put them back on. These are seriously one of the best hoverboards you can buy. The Swagway X1 Hands Free Smart Board, it's available for $299
Finally, the Powerboard by Hoverboard. They are the scooter that can legally call itself a hoverboard. While the price is a little steeper than other vendors, the Powerboard is a well-built scooter and is Prime eligible. It will take about 4-5 days to get to you.
BestHot 42V 2A Power Adapter PowerFast 3-Prong Inline Connector Battery Charger For Pocket Mod, Sports Mod, and Dirt Quad
- 1.100% Brand New.
- 2.Input: 100-240VAC,50/60Hz,1.5A,Output: 42V 2A Power Max: 84W
- 3.DC Connecter size: 3 prong Inline
- 4.Cable Length:39.4 In / 100 CM,One Indication Ligh:Green(full),Red(charging).
- 5.Overload ,Short circuit, Overvoltage Protection funtion
Power Charger Model: HK-42-2000 Color: Black Material:ABS Input: 100-240VAC,50/60Hz,1.5A Output: 42V Capacity: 2A(2000mA) Power Max: 84W DC Connecter size: 3 prong Inline Cable Length:39.4 In / 100 CM Size:13*6*3.5cm Weight:235g+55g(power power cable) Guaranteed Reliability: ●Any question you have, please don't hesitate to contact Besthot Support Team. We will get you back within 48 hours. ●Free Lifetime Technical Support. ●One Year Guarnteed
MegaWheels Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooter Hover Board for Kids Adults with UL Certified
- EASY TO USE & STABLE CONTROL: The Hoverboard specially designed for the beginners & amateurs, easy to learn and maintain balance. It can go straight, make a turn and rotate for 360 degrees locally, and is operated at will! Powerful 500W brushless motors provides an awesome hover board riding experience.
- SAFETY GUARANTEED & PLAY IT AT EASE: Hoverboard has passed UL2271 certification. The pedal is designed to be anti-skid, users will not feel very tired after long-term use. The hover board max. traveling speed is 7.5mph, Max. traveling distance is up to 10km, and the max. bearing is 220 pounds.
- IDEARL FOR VARIOUS OCCASIONS: Hoverboard suitable for the beginners, office workers, amateurs, dog and cat walkers and daytrippers, and can be given to friends as a cool surprise. Let's enjoy the unlimited dazzle and fun with MEGAWHEEL self-balancing scooter!
- HIGH-END NEW TECHNOLOGY: Hoverboard with a ST chip is installed in the mainboard, and a function of low-speed protection and high-speed alarm is added, so that the driving will be safer. A BT loudspeaker is built-in, so that users can amplify the music by it to enjoy the new fun without worry!
- WORRY-FREE WARRANTY: 12-month local after-sales service and life-long technical support service for the hoverboard make you use it more at ease.
MEGAWHEELS Hoverboards Meet The Highest Standard Of The Industry And Obtain Multiple Technology Patents And UL2272,CE,RoHS,FCC Certificates. MEGAWHEELS Provides You With High Safety And High Performance Functional Hoverboard ! One of Best Gifts MegaWheels Hoverboard is easy for everyone to learn. The hoverboard is a great choice as a gift for everyone who would like to give it try with unique experience. Especially for outside sporting enthusiasts, this hoverboard with diverse features would be the dream gift for them. Silence performance Self-balancing scooter hoverboard with the powerful motors providing an almost silent experience. Enjoy yourself and no need worry about geting noise complaints from the neighbours when you're whizzing around the neighbourhood. Wonderful music player The self-balancing hoverboard offers a built-in BT speaker. Easily connect your smartphone and play your favorite music anywhere, anytime. Functional non-slip Riding This hoverboard has a sturdy...
GOTRAX Hoverfly ECO Hover board - UL Certified Self Balancing Hoverboard
- DESIGNED IN DENVER: Lunar LED lights, cosmic colors, made of high-quality hover skate board materials.
- ELECTRICAL SAFETY CERTIFIED: Electrical, battery, and charging systems are UL 2272 tested and certified.
- TOP-RANKING TORQUE: Enjoy balance scooter speeds of up to 7.4 mph with powerful dual 250W motors.
- BECOME A MASTER FASTER: Quick and easy hoverboard learning with simple one-touch operation.
- COSMIC FUN RIDE: Explore the galaxy for up to 12 miles on your 2 wheel self-balancing scooter.
GO-GO-GOTRAX! Light up the Galaxy with your cosmic fun, UL 2272 certified GOTRAX HOVERFLY ECO self-balancing scooter.Maximize your fun and minimize worry to none; all electrical, battery, and charging systems are tested and certified to UL 2272 safety standards for 2 wheel self-balancing scooters.A hoverboard thatÕs easier to afford, this self-balancing scooter has all of the superstellar features of the HOVERFLY ECO but at a much smaller price.Become a motorized scooter master faster! Achieve Commander Status in just 5 minutes Earth time using the easy electric scooter Training Mode.Cruise the space-time continuum at interstellar hover scooter speeds. The GOTRAX HOVERFLY ECO self-balancing board boasts impressive torque powered by dual 250W force field motors.Reach speeds up to 7.4 mph, and feel like you're floating in zero gravity for up to 12 miles with the HOVERFLY ECO's self balancing gyroscopic hover skate board technology.Need to dodge asteroids or meteoroids? Your GOTRAX...
XtremepowerUS Self Balancing Scooter Hoverboard UL2272 Certified, Bluetooth Speaker and LED Light
- Battery: 36 Volt, 4.4 Ah Lithium-ion battery UL certificated-Not for sale in California
- Motor: 350 watt hub motor; Charging Time : 2-3 Hours;
- Charging Time: 2-3 Hours UL certificated charger; Charging voltage: AC 100V-240V
- Working Temperature: 59 degrees F (15 C); Charging Temperature: 32-104 degrees F (0-40 C)
- Wheel size: 6.5 inches; Max Speed: 8 MPH; Max load: 220LBs; Size: 23" (L) X 7.25" (W) X 6.75" (H)
Maximum Weight: 200lbs Age Group: Adult, Teen Age Range: 12 years and up Maximum Speed: 8 miles per hour Distance: around 9-12miles(depends on rider's weight, road conditions etc) Battery: Lithium Ion Using Temperature: 41F to 104F Charging Voltage: AC 100-240 V 50-60Hz Charging Time: 2-3 Hours
Those were the Cheapest Electric Scooters 2016
That is about all the time I have right now to be able to research the cheapest electric scooter for Christmas 2015. I dug through almost 40 pages of Amazon results, trying to find who was still shipping product and which weren't. Curious as to why everyone sold out? Check out this article about IO Hawk and you'll soon see.
This updated text below I am just keeping here for history's sake.
UPDATE: I just have learned that some of the links below are broken. =( I am actively working right now to repair all of the links and get this back into working shape. If you find a model that you like and the link doesn't work, please message me via the contact form at the bottom of the page. I will be working on this article until it is back into 100% working condition. Chris – 12-12-2015 04:22 CST
UPDATE 2: The links broke because the items have sold out. These are going faster than anyone realized they would. I'm working to fix it all still.
UPDATE 3: I've spent the last 6 hours trying to rebuild this article. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone has decided to buy a freaking hoverboard. I was creating an item and then coming back 20 minutes later, and the link I had created was completely dead. =( I'm am going to be linking to the best ones that I can, but if you end up on an Amazon search page, it is because that item sold out.
Well, the problems that I mentioned in the previous updates were related to the big Azon pulling most of the scooters off the shelves for about 48 hrs. This was because of several safety issues. Part of the requirements for vendors to have their products relisted was to provide testing documentation to certifying that their batteries included with the hoverboards were safe.
This cleared out many of the lowest quality hoverboards, though I think they will still end up being sold. After all, they represent a massive investment by many people, both in the U.S. and in China.
I'll be trying to salvage this article if I can now that the instability in the product has stopped. Thanks for reading this.